It is officially 2014, and everyone is busy making/trying to stick to their new year resolutions. Everyone always wants to be motivated and have a positive outlook on life. After all, it is a new year and a fresh start yet again.
Personally, I am not a big fan of the holiday. It is rather similar to any other day or weekend of going out with friends. However, I do believe that how you start your New Year’s Eve will determine how your year plays out, which is why I always prefer to start my New Year’ Eve with a kiss (it’s the Russian, Jewish superstitious side of me, and I refuse to have a year that is lacking in kisses…and love).
When it comes to inspirations, I think it’s always fun to look to celebrities. Celebrities are everywhere! They are beautiful creatures, and though sometimes it is hard not to feel less than perfect when seeing their flawless style on the red carpet, they do often give great advice for being healthier, more active, and more successful (even if it’s vague).
No, most of us cannot afford their personal stylists, nutritionists, trainers and chefs among many others that help achieve the celebrity looks, but we can steal a few tricks and tips while being inspired by their quotes and advice (plus we use Photoshop when needed).
Check out my favorite celebrity quotes to get you motivated this brand new year!
• Jane Fonda is an inspiration no one can deny. Not only is she still beautiful and toned (hello that body at her age, wow) but the woman has never backed down in her ideals and beliefs.
“It’s never too late – never too late to start over, never to late to be happy.”
“I love mistakes because it’s the only way you learn.”
“If I didn’t have strong quads, I couldn’t be independent. You have to keep your back and legs strong so you can remain free and independent.”
• Nicole Richie is someone who has changed her life completely around. She is now an amazing mother, designer and digital personality whose AOL series I just cannot get enough of.
“You just have to go after what you want and if it doesn’t want you back, then, so be it – it doesn’t deserve you anyways.”
“I know I’m too thin right now, so I wouldn’t want any young girl looking at me and saying, ‘That’s what I want to look like’.”
• Kate Hudson is one of my celebrity crushes. She is so adorable, her abs are killer (aka my inspiration for the gym), and have you seen her perform on ‘Glee’ (I did not start watching the show until she truly showed Rachel how it’s done).
“You can either compete with the woman next to you or support the woman next to you, and I choose the latter…It’s the idea that when you do feel overworked, over-stressed, and over-emotional, that you have a support system that can motivate you.”
“My new thing is that I always carry a jump rope with me. Whenever I have a break during the day, I’ll just jump. I can either sit around looking at my phone or I can jump!”
“I actually really believe in cleansing, but I don’t believe in long cleansing, over 10 days is just too much…I think everyone is still trying to figure it out, because everybody is different. I find it hard when people shove down an idea of a health fad and how it’s supposed to make them look. That’s impossible because everyone is so different…You can walk, run, bike, and do yoga. Discover the things that make you feel good. It becomes a state of mind rather than a result or an idea. Once you start, you are never going to stop. You have to learn how to enjoy it. That’s the real thing.”
• Kate Bosworth is one of my style icons. The girl always looks perfect on the red carpet (even when she is rocking H&M head-to-toe). I’ve also seen her interviews on becoming a stepmom and meeting the love of her love…girl is previous!
“You have to have confidence. You can’t be someone who’s so insecure that she’s a basket case.”
• Zoe Saldana is always inspiriting in her composure and confidence (both body and style).
“You always want what you don’t have. My whole life I’ve been obsessed with breasts. I love them. I don’t like fake things, but I wouldn’t mind buying myself a pair one day before I die.”
“I love feeling in tune with my body and eating right. Sometimes I pig out on pasta, but that’s OK. The next day, I just eat healthy.”
“It takes a lot of courage to face up to things you can’t do because we feed ourselves so much denial.”