We all know diet and exercise go hand-in-hand with achieving weight loss goals, but sometimes you have to indulge in your favorite foods. In fact, cheating a little bit can help you stick to your diet as long as you work it off afterwards.
We also know that the key to maintaining a healthy relationship with food is moderation, and moderation means knowing how to take the power back after you’ve eaten something that doesn’t necessarily agree with your diet. What you might not know is that it’s not only possible, but it’s easier than you might think to exercise these extra calories away with some simple and enjoyable athletic activities.
Read on to find out how you can eliminate the calories from your favorite “cheat” foods to reach your ideal weight.
Cheat Food #1: Pizza.
It’s difficult to deny a pizza craving. For those moments when nothing but this delicious but caloric Italian delicacy will do, work off those 420+ calories and 7+ grams of saturated fat from those two delectable slices you had with these athletic options:
- 48 minutes of jogging = 420 calories – no more guilt.
- With one hour of kickboxing, you can burn up to 450 calories. An instructor in a kickboxing class will help keep your motivation high! A group fitness class is a great option for anyone that is not a runner.
Cheat Food #2: Burger and Fries with Ketchup.
Sometimes you’ve just got to have a great burger with all the goodies. While this may not be a low calorie treat (clocking in at 539+ calories for the whole meal), you can easily work off the 7+ grams of saturated fat and extra carbohydrates with these exercises:
- By jogging or running for one hour, you can burn up to 530 calories.
- You can do 45 minutes of sprint workouts in three circuits and burn up to 675 calories.
Cheat Food #3: Donut.
Donuts don’t always have to spell doom for your diet. You can burn off those 370+ calories and 10+ grams of saturated fat with some exercise that can be easy, fun, and refreshing.
- Jog for 42 minutes, and burn off all the fat from this special treat.
- Try a spinning class for one hour, and burn up to 420 calories. Spin class instructors are great at making music playlists that keep the whole group amped all class long!
Cheat Food #4: 3 Glasses of Red Wine.
You like to let loose and have fun just as much as anybody else, and it doesn’t have to mean the end of your diet. Those 377+ calories for the 3 glasses don’t have to be your undoing.
- 30 minutes of Bikram or Hot Yoga can be an invigorating way to burn up to 350 calories.
- 43 minutes of jogging could lead to burning off all the calories from your donut fix and help you get the results you’re working for.
Cheat Food #5: Grande Café Mocha – Starbucks.
For those days when you want a side of sweetness with your coffee, it’s difficult to resist a Café Mocha. The 290 calories and 11 grams of saturated fat that are contained in the coffee drink are not impossible to work off.
- Try a refreshing nature walk for 75 minutes to work off all of those coffee-related calories.
- One hour of water aerobics might be a great way for you to burn up to 350 calories, easily eliminating the coffee calories.
Experiment with different exercise methods to figure out what will work best for you! We cheat on our diets because we’re human, but mixing up your workouts can help keep things interesting and keep you motivated to work off any extra calories!