We are always looking for new, fun ways to get active and stay fit. Fitness is not just about how in shape our bodies are physically. It also depends on mental fitness. A healthy body and mind will help one to lead an optimum lifestyle. The following trends not only get your heart pumping and your body moving, but they also make participants happy while improving mental health.
1. “Pound”: This workout is a full body cardio jam session that is inspired by playing the drums along with invigorating music. By using lightweight drumsticks, or “Ripsticks,” the workout combines cardio, conditioning, and strength training to make you sweat and feel alive while burning 900 calories in 45 minutes.
2. Team-Based Workouts: These workouts rely on camaraderie to make fitness fun. They are based on games such as tag, capture the flag, and even flip cup. This is a competitive based class that builds muscle, burns calories, and creates bonds between participants by creating competing teams who fight for the highest overall energy output.
3. “Ropes Gone Wild”: This workout works every muscle, especially the core, to improve coordination and increase endurance. By using your body to create wave-like patterns with weighted rope, every muscle in your body does work. Most importantly, this workout is low impact, so it is perfect for participants with injuries and new gym goers.
4. Barre and Cardio Fusion Classes: By adding a cardio element to a traditional ballet inspired barre class, lean muscle is sculpted while getting your heart pumping through high-intensity movements. This is a full body workout that is designed to take your fitness to the next level.
5. “WaveShape”: Originally designed for surfers and paddle boarders, this is a 45 minute workout that builds on the movement patterns of board sports to build incredible strength, endurance, balance, and flexibility. This workout is for anyone who wants to get a surfers physique and will help you look and feel great.
6. Rowing: Rowing is a high intensity, low impact, full body workout that hits 85% of your muscles. Rowing actually burns 2-3 times more calories than Spinning. Rowing is not only aimed at strengthening the upper body, but it is a big part of core and leg strength.